Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Sparklers Part 2

I just can't quit these crosswords.

The "easy" ones don't take me too long, so I just race through them, one after the other, so that I can get to the "mediums." Those slow me down a little bit, but I persevere, because I have this need to get to the "hard" section. I can't just skip to it. I have to do the puzzles in order, and I must finish puzzle number 20 before I start 21. Well, don't hate me if I peek in the back for one or two clues. Some of these pop culture references are a little above my head.

Here are some more "Sparklers!" Also, please enjoy more plaid from my Real Woodsman Collection.

Oleo - margarine. (If you're doing crossword puzzles from the 80's, like me, you need to know this word. They're going to try to sneak it in on you with clues like "muffin topper.")

Olio - a hodgepodge, or potpourri, really of anything. (They throw this one in to make you think it's Oleo, and then the "E" won't work for the crossing clue.)

Lira - Italian money. (You'll see this in every puzzle. Every. Puzzle.)

Icer - Someone who frosts cakes or cookies. (I think it's a made-up word, but that doesn't stop them from using it. I'm going to use it next time I stop at Eileen's.)


No comments:

Post a Comment